Registered Dental Assisting Program
We are proud to offer three options for our students to become a Registered Dental Assistant.
TNPTI Observed Holidays
Students wishing to enroll in the Registered Dental Assisting program must:
- Be 18 years of age or older, as required by the Tennessee Higher Education Commission.
- Be a high school/GED/HiSet graduate
- Be in good standing with no criminal record
- Be willing and able to work with patients while giving the best patient care possible
Location: 1630 South Church Street, Suite 302 (3rd floor) Murfreesboro, TN 37130
Hour Requirements: Each course is comprised of 120 total hours, including 24 hours of radiology training as required by Tennessee Board of Dentistry, as well as a BLS CPR certification.
Lab Hours: Extra lab practice is available Monday through Saturday. Please contact your instructor to schedule an appointment for extra lab practice.
Graduation Ceremony: TBD with class.
Registered Dental Assisting Catalog
Financial Assistance Available!
We work with several organizations that offer financial assistance upon qualification. Contact us for more information or set up a financial assistance meeting.
The goal of this course is to teach students the requirements, in conjunction with the state laws of Tennessee, to become a knowledgeable Registered Dental Assistant who can be employed in the modern dental office. This includes X-ray certification as well as Basic Life Support CPR certification. Upon successful completion of the course and final state exam given by TNPTI, students will receive their Certificate of Completion. Students’ grades will be submitted to the Tennessee Board of Dentistry which will then send the student their Registered Dental Assisting license once students apply for their license. TN Professional Training Institute assists students with the licensing process.
Over the course of each of our programs, students will learn:
- Four-handed dental assisting techniques
- Dental terminology and the Universal Numbering System
- How to sterilize dental instruments and equipment
- How to take impressions and pour patient models
- How to give patient post-op instructions and home care
- How to take notes in the patient’s chart
- How to take patient radiographs in compliance with the State of Tennessee Board of Dentistry’s requirements for certification
- How to write a resume and interview for a dental assisting position
- Personality types in the dental practice
- How to assist on composite and amalgam patient procedures
- How to assist on cleaning and exam procedures
- Identifying dental instruments
- Completing tray set ups
- How to assist on endodontic procedures
- How to assist on extraction procedures
- How to assist on oral surgery procedures
- Crown preps
- Dental procedures & diagnosis
- Understanding American Dental Association codes
- Understanding insurance terminology
- How to take a patient’s blood pressure
- Medications used in a dental practice
- How to respond in case of a dental or medical emergency
- CPR certification
- Radiology certification
The $4,999 tuition includes all materials and equipment needed for class.
Students are required to purchase their own scrubs (we recommend the purchase of black scrubs) and the textbook, Modern Dental Assisting (Bird and Robinson), 10th Edition or later (hardback).
TN Professional Training Institute’s Registered Dental Assisting Program is an accelerated program and we strongly encourage students to attend all class meetings. However, each program has a predefined amount of time students are allowed to miss. Students must contact their instructor at least one day before the class, and are required to reschedule a make-up day to review and practice missed materials. Students who miss more than the predefined amount of time will be dismissed and may be moved to the next session at the discretion of the instructor.
TNPTI offers its students the opportunity to have optional and flexible additional lab practice time, in addition to your class time hours, Monday to Saturday, when discussed and arranged with your instructor in advance
Students are required to maintain an 80% average to pass this course. If an 80% average is not maintained, students may have to repeat materials before completing the course.
The Ultimate Student Experience
TNPTI is conveniently located off I-24 (exit 81) in Murfreesboro, Tennessee with plenty of free parking available. TN Professional Training Institute is in the South Church Centre across from Murfreesboro Hyundai.